Hello there and happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. The holiday party circuit is going strong and I’m so excited to be a part of a Virtual Holiday Cocktail Party Blog Hop today hosted by 2 Bees in a Pod! If you’re here from another blog in the hop (or wherever you’re here from for that matter!), welcome! I’m so glad you’re here! Stay tuned for so many amazing holiday cocktail party ideas at the bottom of this post, but for now, let’s talk about some hot cocoa shooters, shall we?
You might be wondering how hot cocoa goes with a cocktail party.. well my friends, this isn’t your kiddos hot cocoa (unless you want it to be, which we’ll get to later). My hot cocoa shooters include the common complimentary flavor of marshmallow, but also peanut butter. Why? Because, peanut butter. I mean, have you seen my dessert board on Pinterest? I can’t be the only one who thinks chocolate and peanut butter should be a food group, am I?
For the hot cocoa, I use a small crock pot which melds the flavors together to perfection and also makes it easy to keep warm for the cocktail party
in case when guests want seconds, thirds, etc.
This next part is not for the weak at heart. The rims of these hot cocoa shooters are blanketed in a coat of peanut butter sauce and crushed Nutter Butter cookies. Remember this is a holiday cocktail party! Let’s indulge a little! 😉 I literally yelled “YES!” when brainstorming this recipe and coming up with this part. And yelled it again when tasting it.
“But where’s the “fluffer” in your Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Shooters” you ask? Well this is where hot cocoa meets cocktail party. The “fluffer” portion is courtesy of marshmallow flavored vodka. Oh and some marshmallow fluff because it’s the holidays and everything should be fluffy and/or sparkly, am I right?
Crowned with some marshmallows and more peanut butter sauce, these Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Shooters are the stuff dessert cocktail dreams are made of.
Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Shooters
Write a review
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 40 min
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff
- ¾ cup marshmallow flavored vodka (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter sauce plus extra for topping
- 6 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- Add milk, cream, chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff and peanut butter into crock pot, stir well.
- Cook on high 1 ½ hours or low for 3 hours, stirring every 30 - 35 minutes to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter sauce into a small shallow dish and the crushed Nutter Butter crumbs into another.
- Dip rims of shot glasses into peanut butter sauce followed by cookie crumbs, coating rims with crumbs.
- Just before serving, pour in vodka and stir well.
- Serve topped with marshmallows and drizzled with peanut butter sauce.
- For mocktail shooters, omit vodka and add an additional tablespoon marshmallow fluff.
Lydi Out Loud https://lydioutloud.com/
Don’t forget to put out extra peanut butter and marshmallows for the seconds, thirds, etc. that I mentioned earlier! And how adorable are these Slinger mason jar shot glasses? (affiliate link)
Now that we’ve got you warm and toasty, it’s time to check out the rest of holiday cocktail party. Thanks so much for joining the party and have a wonderful Monday!
<!– end InLinkz script —>