Enjoy the world’s best flavor combo with these decadent and delicious Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Chocolate Bombs!Jump to Recipe
I fully realize I’m late to the Hot Chocolate Bomb game, but I’ve always been a “don’t throw in my random 2 cents if I don’t have anything valuable to contribute”. Well, I sure have something to contribute now! No random 2 cents here… I have the silver dollar, gold coin hot chocolate bomb recipe!
What makes my bombs so special? The best flavor marriage that ever was. Chocolate and peanut butter is the world’s most perfect flavor combination. If you don’t think so, we might not be able to be friends. 😉
My Flutter Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Shooters inspired this recipe. After all, Nutter Butters make anything better. Are you ready to make them and find out for yourself? I dare you to try these Flutter Nutter Butter Hot Chocolate Bombs and not fall in love. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
What is a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
If you haven’t jumped on this yummy train yet, let’s talk about how a hot chocolate bomb works. Basically you have a hollow chocolate ball filled with hot cocoa powder and whatever stuff you can dream up in your wildest hot chocolate dreams.
When hot milk is poured over the hot chocolate ball, it explodes and all of the yumminess is combined to form the most perfect cup of hot cocoa you could ever imagine.
How to Make Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Chocolate Bombs
First, gather all of your supplies. You will need a silicone sphere mold, melting chocolate, hot chocolate powder, mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips, peanut butter and marshmallow sauces and Nutter Butter cookies.
What Kind of Chocolate Should You Use to Make Hot Cocoa Bombs?
You can use melting chocolate wafers, chocolate chips or a shaved chocolate bar. I find that the melting chocolate works best for the cocoa bombs because it’s not quite as fragile so it won’t crack as easily.
For the hot chocolate powder, you can use pre-made or you can whip up some homemade hot cocoa mix with this simple recipe from Eating on a Dime.
If you can’t find peanut butter sauce, you can mix a 1/2 cup of peanut butter with 1/4 cup of water or almond milk plus a 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. You can add more or less liquid depending on the thickness of your peanut butter.
If you can’t find Marshmallow sauce, you can mix a 1/2 cup of marshmallow flip with 1 tablespoon of water.
What Size Mold Do You Use for Hot Chocolate Bombs?
You can find the mold I used for my bombs here which is 2 1/2″. You can also use a smaller mold like this. If you use my size just make sure you’re not using a small mug or the bomb won’t fit all the way in.
Serving Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs
What really makes these bombs over the top amazing is the peanut butter sauce, nutter butter crumb rim on the mug. You will want to keep turning that mug with every sip to make sure you get every bit of that goodness!
Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Chocolate Bombs
Peanut Butter Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond milk or water
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon water
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Generously spread melted chocolate inside of hot chocolate bomb mold to coat the surface. Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes. Spread another layer inside of the hot cocoa bomb mold to build a thicker, sturdier shell. Chill in the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the set chocolate shells from the mold and place on a plate. Fill each shell with a heaping tablespoon of hot chocolate powder, marshmallows and peanut butter chips.
- Briefly touch the rim of the cocoa bomb tops on the surface of a hot plate or a hot pan until it just starts to melt, no longer. Sit the top of the bomb shell onto the bottom of the shell with the hot cocoa fillings and fixings. Gently press in place to seal the seam.
- Drizzle with peanut butter and marshmallow sauce. Sprinkle Nutter Butter crumbs on top.
- To serve: Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter sauce into a small shallow dish and the crushed Nutter Butter crumbs into another.
- Dip rims of mugs into peanut butter sauce followed by cookie crumbs, coating rims with crumbs.
- Add the Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Chocolate Bomb into a mug and pour hot milk over it. If the milk isn't hot enough, the bomb won't bust. Top with marshmallows, drizzle with peanut butter sauce and sprinkle with more Nutter Butter crumbs!
Peanut Butter Sauce
- Combine peanut butter, almond milk or water and powdered sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Add more or less liquid depending on the thickness of your peanut butter.
- Combine Marshmallow Creme and water until smooth. Add more or less water depending on the thickness of your marshmallow creme.
I hope you enjoy!