Treat yourself or a friend with these DIY fizzy bath salts! The printable label makes this a perfect gift idea.
The idea for my fizzy unicorn bath salts was born from my love of DIY beauty products and the unicorn theme from the SNAP conference I attended in April. I think unicorns have replaced the “rainbows and butterflies” description of utopia… who can resist some bright colors and a cute horse with horns?! It almost dares you to try to be in a bad mood. I’ll take your bad mood and raise you one unicorn!
Unicorns in and of themselves invite happy but when paired with these fizzy bath salts it’s all out bliss! They smell amazing, create a delightful frothy bath experience and make your skin feel as soft as a baby’s. I’m sure you agree that means win-win and win. So let’s make you some!
Several of the steps mirror my Easter egg bath bombs but these are instant gratification, no waiting for molds to set up!
Unicorn Fizzy Bath Salts
Supplies (affiliate links provided)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup epsom salt
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- Essential oils (see step #2 for quantity)
- Soap colorant
- Free printable label and sticker paper
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add coconut oil and essential oil to the dry mixture, whisking immediately. Be sure not to add any wet ingredients all at once or it will start to fizz like an alka-seltzer. If using pure essential oil, add just one drop to each bowl; otherwise use 3 – 4 drops. I love DoTerra oils, the purity is unparalleled (I can’t believe how you can actually smell the difference but you can. You will need much less quantity if you use those… I’ve had the same bottle of Lavender for a year and a half and have made countless, scrubs, bath bombs, bath salt, etc.
- Separate the mixture into 4 bowls.
- Add 3 – 4 drops of food coloring to each bowl (1 drop at a time) and mix well.
- Layer each color in an airtight container, gently pressing the fizzy bath salts down to make a level surface for the next layer.
Whether you make these fizzy bath salts for yourself or your favorite unicorn, they absolutely need this adorable label, don’t you think? Download it free and print on sticker paper! If you can’t get enough of the unicorn cuteness, you can buy the whole clipart set that goes along with this darling on etsy for just a buck!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with at least 1 fizzy bath! 😉