This post was created in partnership with Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
Sigh. I’ve been in a real meal rut the last few months. I used to open the pantry and see many recipe ideas and lately I just see a bunch of random ingredients. Part of it is certainly how crazy life is… sometimes I find when I’m treading water to keep up on work/life that my creativity is just zapped. And of course, it also leaves less time for creative recipe exploration in the kitchen. The majority of our dinners have been chicken or eggs. The preparation and ingredients may change but I’d certainly say that a diet of chicken and eggs would qualify as a rut, don’t you think?
When I opened up my Ninja Intelli-sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer, recipe ideas immediately started to flood into my head… so many that what took the longest about this post was narrowing down and fleshing out my ideas. This Lighter Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Zoodles won. You will see why. Trust me on this one.
Is there any food more associated with comfort food than Fettuccine Alfredo? Not in this girl’s book. My mom tried to pawn off some cottage cheese alfredo sauce on me as a kid and I must admit, I was pretty impressed. I’ve updated the recipe a bit to make it even healthier and super delicious and
I think I’m love. Maybe I should call it Fauxttuccine Alfauxdo…
Prepping this delish Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken was a cinch. The Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer has one smart base that transforms into four high-performance appliances: a mega blender, a food processor, a single-serve cup, and an auto-spiralizer. This is a huge deal for me, because the thought of pulling out multiple kitchen appliances to create one meal doesn’t really work well with those crazy times I was talking about. Everything I needed to prep this meal is in this Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System. I used the food processor to shred the chicken and make the sauce and the Auto-Spiralizer to make the zoodles. That was seriously fun, by the way. I know that sounds weird but it’s true!
You’re gonna need one.
Lighter Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Zoodles
- 2 boneless-skinless chicken breasts baked
- 2 large zucchini peeled
- 1 cup milk skim or 1%
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup steamed cauliflower
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups Fresh spinach optional
- Add baked chicken to the the food processor vessel. The system has smart vessel recognition so it will automatically know that you'll be using the food processor. The intuitive touchscreen will change to display customized menu programs for whichever vessel is in the base unit. Select CHOP from the touchscreen menu. Set chicken aside.
- Add milk, cottage cheese, steamed cauliflower, parmesan cheese, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic powder and parmesan to the food processor vessel. This time you will choose the puree option. Let it do it's thing. Set aside. *Note: The Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer has 12 Smart programs so it will guide you on selections based on the vessel you've attached to the base.
- Peel zucchini and cut off ends so they're flat. Remove the food processor vessel and replace with the Auto-Spiralizer vessel. Use the fettuccine blade (green) to spiralize.
- Pour the alfredo sauce mixture into a saucepan, add basil and cook over medium-high heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low and add zoodles. Cover and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and spinach and stir.