This post was sponsored by Eat Smart. All opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Hi there! I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start. I had an amazing time at my cousin Jamie’s wedding in Cleveland… great family, great music and of course great food! After all of the celebrating (and eating!) now it’s back to real life (and healthy eating).
You guys know I love Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits (if you don’t know, here’s a quick reminder 😉 ), so I was happy to have a fridge stocked with them when we got back in town to make a quick and healthy meal. I’ve been starting to transition my salad game to more fall inspired recipes (even though it will be almost 90° here today!) and am loving this easy Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken Salad recipe.
The chicken is made in the crock pot so it’s super quick and easy and the salad is the Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit so it’s even easier. This Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken Salad has some sweet from honey, and some spice from red pepper flakes. The soy and ginger make a nice deep backdrop to the other flavors and the delicious sweet sesame dressing ties it all up in a perfect little bow.
The creaminess and crunch from the cashews and sesame sticks in the salad kit are the perfect exclamation point for this delightful (and healthy!) meal.
Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken Salad
- 2 Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kits
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Green onion for garnish
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced onion, olive oil, sesame oil, red pepper and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 2 ½ - 3 ½ hours (I've realized crock pots can very greatly!)
- Slice chicken and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Distribute salad into 4 bowls and top with sliced chicken.
- Drizzle some of the cooking sauce over the chicken with a slotted spoon to get those onions!
- Top with cashew and sesame stick mix, green onion and Sesame Dressing.
I love eating the salads just as they are too… the Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit combines savoy, red and green cabbage, carrots, kale, cashews, sesame sticks and sweet sesame dressing, so it’s full of yum all on it’s own. I really love that I get a salad packed with veggies and superfoods without spending forever chopping and prepping.
See where you can purchase Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits here.
Thanks for stopping by today!