Thank you Eat Smart for sponsoring this post.
Hello and happy hump day! It has been so blissful seeing 70 degrees in Columbus for more than just 1 fluke day this week; I hope you’re having pleasant weather wherever you are! One of the first things we are itching to do once the weather starts to warm up is to cook on the grill. Ryan is our local “Grill Master” (I need to get him an apron with that on it!) and we barely turn on the oven during the warmer months.
Another thing that warmer weather triggers is my craving for salads… perfect timing considering that its National Nutrition Month! I’m amazed at the amazing selection of salad kits available in the grocery stores these days, especially the Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits. There are 7 varieties that are all chef inspired and full of healthy super foods making it so convenient and easy to eat healthy every day.
I love the Eat Smart Southwest Salad Kit to make grilled chicken salad. It has kale, savoy cabbage, red cabbage, radishes and carrots with a delicious Chipotle dressing. My favorite creation thus far is a Tequila-Lime Grilled Chicken Salad. It is full of flavor, makes a filling meal and is super healthy with those 5 super foods.
- Eat Smart Southwest Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Add tequila, lime juice, olive oil, lime zest, cilantro, cumin, minced garlic, minced onion, salt and pepper to a large ziploc bag and mix well. Add chicken to bag, seal and shake well to thoroughly coat chicken in marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- Add salad portion of the Southwest Salad Kit to 2 bowls and add chopped tomato and avocado.
- Add shredded cheese and tortilla strips from the kit.
- Grill chicken and slice; lay on top of salad and drizzle with Chipotle dressing.
Which of these salads can you not wait to try? P.S. It’s totally acceptable (and totally understandable!) to answer “all of them!”
Thanks for stopping by!
Pin it for later!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.