These easy DIY All Natural Soothing Vapor Shower Cubes will clear your congestion right up without all of the chemicals in the store bought varieties.
Hello there! I hope you had an amazing weekend. I don’t know about you, but I have seen a lot of FB and Insta posts with sick people over the last few weeks. A lot. It makes sense… these crazy drastic weather changes in so many areas seem to cause more sniffles than usual. Not that I want winter to linger on any longer, but can it PLEASE make up its mind already! Staying or going??
Whenever I get congestion or a runny nose, I like to use vapor shower cubes to help clear out my sinuses and to help me breathe a little easier. The ones that you can buy at the store are filled with so many ingredients that I have no idea what they are, so therefore I don’t really feel like inhaling those while I take my soothing shower to try to feel better.
After using my Congestion Relief Pillow Spray, I decided I should take a go at making the other soothing relief I get, my own all natural vapor shower cubes!
These are made from simple ingredients that you likely have on hand in your pantry, along with essential oils. I really like the combo of Eucalyptus, Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils, but if you don’t want to get all of them, I found Eucalyptus and Tea Tree oils to be the most clearing. If you’re an essential oil newbie, this is a great little variety pack with a great value.
Soothing Vapor Shower Cubes
Makes 12 cubes
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup corn starch (or you can also use arrowroot powder)
- 80 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 50 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Spray bottle with witch hazel or water
- Silicone mold (I just used a mini muffin man for these but any small silicone mold will work)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Incorporate oils slowly into dry mixture. Introducing too much moisture at once can cause the shower fizzier to react prematurely.
- Spritz the mixture with water gradually and combine quickly after each spray. Continue to spritz until the mixture feels like damp sand (not wet!)
To use: Add a few more drops of essential oil just before using. Place on the floor of an already warmed shower in stream of water; close to drain. Gently breathe in and out of your nose to experience soothing relief. Relax and please feel better soon!
Store in an airtight glass container.
These are great to have on hand for your next cold or allergy bout and also to deliver to sick friends or family; they will thank you in abundance! You can get the printable label here.
Thanks for stopping by today… I hope you stay healthy and never need these (although they’re so relaxing that you can still enjoy them even if you don’t NEED them)!