My Cucumber Ginger Cocktail is sponsored by Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. The recipe and opinions shared are my own.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The decorations, the shopping (I amp up my once weekly Target visits to 2+), the parties… and don’t forget the cocktails! Sharing all of these things with friends and family is what makes the holidays so special.
I love to entertain family and friends during the season and I’m constantly challenging myself to experiment with new recipe or drink ideas. Side note: sorry, friends and family for the ones that have been flops. So I happened upon a drink recipe that I think you need in your life. Like, today. Definitely not a flop. It first started with some Ginger Ale.
Is it just me, or does ginger just taste like the holidays? Not just me? I didn’t think so. And although it doesn’t taste like the holidays, I decided to add another favorite flavor of mine to the mix: cucumber. After all, a cocktail with some veggies in it is totally healthy, right? 😉
Meet my new signature drink. Luckily I like to share and am completely in favor if you want to make it yours too.
Cucumber Ginger Cocktail
- 5 oz. Canada Dry Ginger Ale
- 2 oz. cucumber vodka
- Cucumber slices
- Drop a few cucumber slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle. If you don't have a muddler a wooden spoon works just as well. (I mean, where would I possibly fit even one more kitchen gadget?! My drawers runneth over.)
- Add vodka and fill shaker with ice. Shake it like a polaroid picture. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Top glass off with ginger ale.
- Garnish with cucumber slices.
Ahhhh. Those were the only words (well, word) that I could muster after taking a sip. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
What are your favorite holiday traditions? Are there any drinks/flavors that taste like the holidays for you?
Happy official holiday season!