These light and refreshing Low Calorie Strawberry Shortcake Stacks are a delicious way to welcome fresh berry season and the recipe couldn’t be any easier!
I know it’s been quiet around here on the blog lately. I’m taking every opportunity to soak up all of these early days with my baby; I can’t believe how fast it’s going already! Even in the midst of soaking up baby snuggles, I had to get on here and share this amazing recipe with you! Do we all agree that fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies are one of the best parts of spring/summer? Well that and of course coming out of hibernation for those of us in the frigid areas! Although strawberries are available year-round in most stores, they are so much more vibrant red, juicy and sweet in the summer, don’t you think? I can’t wait to hit the farmer’s market circuit when they all start to open to load up!
These low calorie Strawberry Shortcake Stacks are a great way to kick off berry season with a light and refreshing bite-size snack, sandwich style!
Low Calorie Strawberry Shortcake Stacks
- Reduced fat graham crackers
- 1 container strawberries
- 1 8 oz. tub reduced fat whipped topping
- Start by snapping each graham cracker in half.
- Slice your strawberries length-wise very thin.
- Place 4 strawberry slices on the top of one graham cracker.
- Take the other half of the graham cracker and top with about 1 and ½ tablespoons whipped topping. Place the two halves together sandwich style.
- Chill in freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy seasonal fruits and veggies? Check out these equally easy Summer Mixed Berry Shortcakes for another light and delicious snack.
Any must have recipes you’d like to share with me? Tag me on social media @lydioutloud or comment below. I always love to try new recipes that you guys share with me!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!