Hi there friends! What are you up to this weekend? I should be finishing my Christmas decorating and starting my Christmas shopping but instead I had a lazy Saturday. It’s nice after a crazy busy week though, I must say! My lazy Saturday started with such a yummy breakfast, these Gluten Free Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Biscuits.
Something about the holidays always inspires me to try some new baking recipes and I’ve been anxious to try some with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. I’ve never baked with gluten free flour before so I had no idea what it would be like in the way of texture and taste. It’s made from finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum which gave the biscuits a perfect springy texture. The texture and the taste were perfect!
These Gluten Free Chorizo, Egg and Cheese Biscuits are a perfect breakfast for the holidays and can even be frozen if you want to hold on to some for Christmas morning. Get the printable recipe card below!
Start by cooking and draining the Chorizo sausage, scrambling and cooking the scrambled eggs and measuring out the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour into a large mixing bowl.
Add Chorizo to the flour and toss to completely coat Chorizo.
Fold scrambled eggs and cheese into the Chorizo and flour mixture.
Distribute mixture evenly in muffin pan and bake.
Once baked, remove from oven and cool on a rack.
Every bite is like the best of all of your favorite breakfast recipes in 1!
Gluten Free Chorizo, Egg and Sausage Breakfast Biscuits
- 2 cups Bob's Mills Gluten Free Flour 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper to taste
- 1 pound Chorizo sausage browned
- 4 eggs scrambled
- ¾ cup milk whole or buttermilk preferred
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add prepared Chorizo and coat in flour mixture thoroughly.
- Add scrambled eggs, milk and butter. Stir just until moistened.
- Mix in cheese
- Spray a large muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Drop mixture into muffin pans.
- Immediately drop by heaping tablespoons (15 biscuits) onto lightly greased or parchment paper/silicone baking sheet lined large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until tops are just lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and remove from pan with offset spatula or spoon.
What’s your favorite holiday baking recipe? You can print out some Bob’s Red Mill coupons here to make that favorite baking recipe!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.