This shop has been compensated by Pepperidge Farm. All opinions are mine alone.
You know that moment when you get a craving for a food and do a mental inventory of your pantry/fridge for the ingredients only to realize that you don’t have them? Isn’t that the worst? But it can also be pretty amazing because it can force you to get creative in the kitchen to make it work! One such example is this simple Eggs Benedict recipe.
See there is a restaurant in Columbus that has the most amazing Eggs Benedict and the other day I got a craving for it. Baaad. The problem was, I didn’t have english muffins. Or Canadian bacon. And let’s just be real, I wasn’t going to go through the process (aka workout) of making hollandaise sauce when what I needed was a quick lunch and to get back to my day.
While technically the only ingredient that I did have on hand for Eggs Benedict was the actual eggs, it worked out just fine because I found a delightful new quick breakfast/brunch/lunch recipe.
While the english muffin acts as a foundation for Eggs Benedict, using my favorite Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 15 Grain Bread really took this particular Eggs Benedict to the next level with all of its delicious and complex flavors and textures. I am especially excited about the tangy and creamy “faux-llandaise” sauce I made that is also dreamy on top of asparagus or even burgers.
My favorite part of that Eggs Benedict I was telling you about from the restaurant in Columbus is this amazing rosemary infused Canadian bacon they use. Well, meet rosemary infused Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham!
I simply added a little chopped dried rosemary to some Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, spread a thin layer on the ham and browned it up in a skillet for a few minutes. Melted.in.mouth! Hillshire Farm® ham is already slow roasted for hours and the savory rosemary mayo really enhanced the ham’s fresh and sweet flavors.
Are you ready for the easiest eggs benedict you could ever imagine? 🙂
Easiest Ever Eggs Benedict
- 1 slice Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 15 Grain Bread toasted
- 4 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- Arugula optional
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary minced
- 2 eggs poached
- ½ cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix dried rosemary into 3 tablespoons Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. Spread a thin layer on ham.
- Cook ham over medium-high heat in a skillet until lightly browned.
- Cut toasted bread slices in half and layer with ham, arugula (optional), poached egg and faux-llandaise sauce.
- Garnish with paprika and chopped chives if desired.
- Whisk 2 teaspoons lemon juice into ½ cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. Can be served cold or heated in microwave in 15 second intervals until warm.
How have you gotten creative in the kitchen to satisfy a last minute craving?