This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
There was a really small Italian restaurant in my neighborhood when I was growing up that was known for their sauce. Everything was made in-house but their sauce was their claim to fame. The first time I went I was about 12 years old. When the server asked if we had any questions I promptly answered “What is rag out?” Everyone laughed. They were an authentic Italian restuarant so of course they spelled what I knew as Ragu, Ragout. Well, regardless of how you spell it (or mispronounce it), I ordered it and Ragout sauce (or Ragu sauce) of any variety became one of my favorite dishes. I love finding new ways to make it and this Aidells® Chicken Sausage Ragu sauce with pepper linguine is one of my favorite new go-to weeknight dinners.
Aidells® can be found at Meijer and they make Links and Meatballs. The Chicken & Apple Sausage Links are the perfect savory and slightly tart complement to my ragu sauce. Aidells® is gluten-free, has no nitrates or added hormones and is hand-crafted with all natural, hand-picked ingredients. The sausage links are fully cooked so no need to pre-cook before adding them to the sauce.
I make my ragu sauce packed with veggies and herbs and the flavors marry together perfectly while the sauce simmers. I hope you enjoy! See below for a printable recipe card.
- 1 package Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage Links
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 summer squash diced or julienned
- 2 zucchini diced or julienned
- 3 cloves garlic minced,
- 1 bunch fresh basil packed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 box around 16 oz. pasta of choice (I use a pepper linguine)
- Cut onion, squash, zucchini, garlic, basil and sausage.
- Pour tomatoes into large pot and add onion, squash, zucchini, garlic, basil, sausage, Italian seasoning and cinnamon.
- Turn on medium-high heat, stirring frequently until hot (about 10 - 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes up to a few hours.
- Serve with pasta of choice.
Do you have a go-to weekday dinner?