Hey hey friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Ours kicked off with celebrating Ryan’s birthday and continued with celebrating my cousin’s wedding, both of which were super fun! The temperature has been all over the place here in the last week (I know, shocker, right? haha) with it getting up to 90 one day! 90 in May?! In Ohio?! Yeah that’s what I said! The great thing about this early taste of summer we had is that I was inspired to create these Coconut Mango Ice Cream Bars with my favorite new treat that I got at Kroger; ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Creams.
This is a treat that you can get excited about, and even better you can get excited without any guilt. First you can get excited for the reason that we all (well at least me!) would get excited about hearing the music of the ice cream truck… the TASTE! ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Creams are amazingly delicious! I say amazingly because finding a delicious treat that is also low fat, non-GMO, a good source of fiber and with a low-glycemic index sounded like it wouldn’t even be possible to me. Oh and there’s enough protein (10 g per serving!) to make this a substantial snack, I wouldn’t even feel bad about having this treat to start out my day!
Coconut and mango feel like summer almost as much as ice cream does to these High Protein Low Fat Coconut Mango Ice Cream Bars will become a summer staple in our house. The Coconut ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream is completely yummy on its own (or with some shredded coconut and blueberries, mmmmm!) but popping in the mango and shredded coconut into these frozen treats add a delightful texture variation and a fun little summer vibe.
- 1 container ProYo Coconut High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream
- 1 medium mango, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional for texture)
- Allow the ProYo Coconut High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream to soften outside of the freezer (almost to the point that it's melting).
- Stir mango cubes (and shredded coconut if desired) into ProYo Coconut High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream. I like the varaiation in texture the shredded coconut provides.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for a few minutes, until firm enough to support an inserted popsicle stick. Sprinkle a little more shredded coconut onto the top of the popsicle (which is actually the bottom in real life!) for a pretty garnish effect.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
Take advantage of this online coupon, Buy 1 ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream and Get 1 Free), now through 7/7, while supplies last.