This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Kroger #CollectiveBias
I’ve always loved peaches and cream oatmeal, really any oatmeal for that matter… when I was younger and lived on my own there were days that oatmeal would be every meal of the day and it was just fine with me! Honestly it still would be just fine with me, but Ryan has quite an appetite on him! 😉 We do have it for breakfast several times a week though.
Recently I had caramelized peaches on a dessert and it hit me…
I NEED caramelized peaches and cream oatmeal to be a thing. So now it is!
The tender, sweet tang of the peaches is a perfect complement to the hearty, creaminess of the oatmeal. Now, can I get away with going back to oatmeal for every meal again? 😉
Caramelized Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
Quaker® Oats Quick 1-Minute Oatmeal
2 tablespoons cream
2 – 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large skillet, heat butter until just melted.
2. Add peach slices and cook for about 1 minute or so.
3. Sprinkle peaches with enough brown sugar cover peaches. Flip each peach so that sugar is on the bottom and sprinkle remaining brown sugar on the top.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until brown sugar bubbles.
5. Continue to flip peaches until caramel thickens.
6. Prepare oatmeal according to package directions (I use the milk option), mixing in cinnamon.
7. When oatmeal is ready, add 1 tablespoon cream to each bowl.
8. Spoon caramelized peaches on top of oatmeal.
So that’s my best bowl! What’s yours? Share it here and your recipe could win you $250,000! Not too shabby, right? The winning recipe should have between 2 – 5 ingredients and will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016. You can also see about the contest right on the Quaker® Oats package (like I did at Kroger, see how it says “Bring Your Best Bowl” on that bottom circle on the box).
I’d love to hear if you submit a recipe (make sure to submit by March 12, 2016), and of course I would love to taste it so let me know what it is in the comments! 🙂
My Caramelized Peaches & Cream Oatmeal can be found at the Link Party Palooza at I Heart Naptime!