This post for Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf on Bertolli®. As always, all opinions shared are my own.
I think I’m starting to get used to the cold weather at this point… we’ve had temperatures below 20 degrees for the better part of 3 weeks now so I think my body has just adjusted and it doesn’t knock the wind out of me as hard when I walk outside. But wow, does this crazy cold make it nice to come home to a warm, comforting meal. Is there any meal more comforting on a cold night than a big ‘ol pot of creamy pasta? Nope, there isn’t, not in my book anyway. This Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce fits the bill perfectly.
Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce
Let’s dig in a little deeper to those delectable layers of comfort, m’kay? (Before we dig into the Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce, that is). A creamy Rosa pasta sauce made by mixing Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce and Bertolli® Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce envelops this meal in creamy, delicious flavor with savory plump tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, fire roasted garlic, aged Parmesan cheese, fresh cream and other supporting herbs and spices, all of which are USDA certified organic and non-GMO. In fact, their new Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce is one of the first nationally-branded organic Alfredo sauces! #todaystrivia
There may not be a long list of ingredients in this Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce, but that’s how they do it in Tuscany… few, high quality ingredients, lightly cooked to lock in flavors… it’s also the guiding principal for how Bertolli® creates all of their sauces. If it’s good enough for Tuscany and Bertolli®, it’s great for me! 😉
The only additional ingredients that I added to the pasta and sauce were some scorched tomatoes (for color and texture), spinach (for color and to get mah greens!) and of course the shrimp.
While this Shrimp Penne with Creamy Rosa Pasta Sauce certainly qualifies as a comfort meal, it is super easy and fast to make so it’s perfect to enjoy on a busy weeknight or for a date night at home. When the Rosa sauce is simmering on the stovetop, it smells like you just walked into your favorite Italian restaurant. Sooooo good, you guys!
- 24 oz jar Bertolli® Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 15 oz jar Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 12 oz box Penne pasta
- 2 lbs. cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Small container grape tomatoes (about a cup and a half)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Add Marinara and Alfredo sauces to a dutch oven or large pot and heat on medium to create a Rosa sauce. When it begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Bring water to boil and prepare Penne according to package directions, cooking JUST to al dente. Drain pasta and rinse immediately in cold water to prevent further cooking. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to a hot skillet and scorch tomatoes, stirring frequently until they pop and start to shrivel slightly. Set aside.
- Add fresh spinach to Rosa sauce until wilted. Add cooked shrimp, penne and scorched tomatoes into Rosa sauce and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and basil (optional)
That Rosa sauce is where it’s at, right?! You can really taste the fresh, high quality ingredients in every bite, no extra fluff needed. Check out more Rosa Sauce recipes for your tasting pleasure.
Thanks for stopping by and stay cozy!