It’s so easy to make darling and unique pumpkin designs with vinyl! Make these fun, whimsical rainbow and cloud pumpkins with DIY vinyl pumpkin decals you cut out with your Cricut or other cutting machine.
Happy October, friends! Fittingly, my house is like a pumpkin wonderland right now. I. can’t.stop. decorating pumpkins! My husband knows once the pumpkins come out for the year that they’re going to be around awhile, which he is always so thrilled about. Or actually not at all thrilled.
These bright and cheery pumpkin designs are probably my favorite this year. They would be great to make for a pumpkin decorating party or for a kid’s room (where mine will go). The rainbow and cloud pumpkins are so easy to decorate with vinyl. Make sure you also check out the 12 other fun vinyl pumpkin ideas below, too. They will blow your mind.
Rainbow & Clouds Pumpkin Designs with Vinyl
- Craft pumpkins
- Paints for craft pumpkins
- Cricut or other cutting machine
- Rainbow and Clouds pumpkin designs cut files (from Cricut Design Space)
- For rainbow pumpkin: Oracal 651 Permanent Gloss Vinyl in Soft Pink, Pastel Orange, Signal Yellow, Lime Tree Green, Light Blue, Lilac
- For cloud pumpkin: Oracal 651 Permanent Gloss Vinyl in White
- Transfer tape
Paint craft pumpkins is the colors of your choice.
Open the rainbow pumpkin design in Design Space and customize the size and quantity of the rainbows for what you need for the size of your pumpkin. Cut and and weed the vinyl.
Position all arcs of the rainbow onto the vinyl backing of the pink ark. I didn’t worry about the arcs lining up perfectly. For one, that would take forever, and two, I like the whimsical look of the skewed rainbow… it makes it look like it was drawn.
Apply transfer tape to the rainbow sheet and cut into individual rainbows. Place the transfer tape and rainbow pumpkin design onto the pumpkin, pressing the middle down first and then working out. Carefully peel back transfer tape. Repeat all over the pumpkin.
For the clouds pumpkin design, paint a craft pumpkin sky blue and follow the same steps as the rainbow pumpkin.
For the little guy with the stripes, I just used some scrap pieces of vinyl in the same colors from the rainbow pumpkin and trimmed them to fit the little pumpkin with a paper cutter.
I love this cheerful take on Halloween… it’s certainly not the usual route I go, but I’m here for it!
Check out these other fun pumpkins, all decorated with vinyl! Which one would you want to make?
- Hello Pumpkin from Lemon Thistle
- Glowing Eye Pumpkin from Persia Lou
- Cauldron Candy Holder from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Rainbow and Clouds pumpkin from Lydi Out Loud
- Monogram Pumpkins from Printable Crush
- Fabric Pumpkins from Sew What Alicia
- Trick or treat yourself from See Lindsay
- Folk art pumpkin from The Craft Patch
- Spiderwebs pumpkin from Girl Loves Glam
- Cactus pumpkin from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Boo Spiderweb from a Girl and a glue gun
- Rainbow hearts from Happiness is Homemade
- Sloth pumpkin from That’s What Che Said