This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tom’s of Maine. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hello friends! In honor of it being Earth Month, I’m taking part in a challenge and I would love if you would join me. If you need any convincing, there is an absolutely delightful DIY linen spray in it for you! 🙂
Here’s the deal; the #LessWasteChallenge is totally doable for anyone and everyone… it’s about pledging to reduce 1 lb. of waste a week. What are some of the first things that come to mind for you that you throw out most often? For us it’s definitely food and health and beauty packaging. While it isn’t necessarily feasible to reuse the container that your chicken came in (although I do actually; I wash it and use it for my craft paint when working on projects!), there are many ways to reduce the waste that comes along with everyday use product packaging.
When I was given this challenge I immediately knew what I wanted to upcycle… the Tom’s of Maine® mouthwash bottle. It has such a pretty frosted finish so I decided to use it to make a spray bottle with DIY room and linen spray. I’m only sad I didn’t think of this use sooner… I gift a lot of linen spray (especially lavender and congestion relief) and I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve purchased bottles for them all. No more… I will be hoarding my mouthwash bottles from now on! Want some amazing smelling air, clothes, bed, etc? Here you go!
DIY Room & Linen Spray
- Tom’s of Maine Wicked Fresh Mouthwash bottle (empty)
- Spray nozzle from a spray bottle
- 16 oz. distilled water
- 1 drop each of orange, lemon and grapefruit essential oils
- Peel labels off of front and back of mouthwash bottle.
- Thoroughly clean the the mouthwash bottle and a sprayer from a bottle of household cleaner or similar. My spray was from a kitchen cleaner so I had to cut a little off the length for it to fit into the bottle.
- Download printable label here and print on sticker paper (or cardstock and attach with a glue stick). Attach label to bottle. Since I like to give these as gifts, I made a little “necklace” for the bottle by just cutting a thin strip of scrapbook paper and gluing it on to dress it up a little (and hide the fact that it was a mouthwash bottle, I don’t want anyone to think I’m pranking them haha!) Shake well before each use to re-distrubute essential oils.
We have a variety of scents of linen spray around the house that I’ve made and we enjoy the variety for different moods. This one is so bright and cheery smelling (yes I guess cheerful has a scent!) I love spraying it on a cozy throw blanket before I settle in for some Netflix or reading.
This bottle has taken up residency in my closet. I give it a couple sprays in the morning and while I get dressed I can feel the smell invigorating me. I am a big believer in the power of aromatherapy!
Before we talk about our commitment to the #LessWasteChallenge, we can already get a jump start on feeling good about supporting Earth Month by just using Tom’s of Maine products (Visit Toms of Maine’s website for more information.) All of their packaging is recyclable and they even give 10% of their profits back to support human and environmental goodness. All the warm fuzzies! I personally feel good about using them also because they are no artificial ingredients and they don’t test on animals.
So back to that #LessWasteChallenge! Will you join me? What are some things you can think of that will help you to reduce 1 lb. of waste per week? Tag your ideas and crafty fun with #LessWasteChallenge on social media so we can see ’em! We’ve already covered a portion of that pound by reusing your mouthwash bottle for some yummy smelling room and linen spray. 😉
Make sure to check out the Cartwheel offer when you get your Tom’s of Maine at Target… they even have 4 Tom’s of Maine products that are exclusive to Target (including a Toddler Value Pack that my mama friends are obsessed with).