Make this adorable “I’m Snow Cute” Snowman Wood Slice ornament for a little one in your life… add a photo on the back to make it a special personalized keepsake.
Awhile back I made a vintage-inspired photo transfer Wood Christmas ornament for my Godson and I needed something to put on the back. So of course you know I got my Cricut out! This little “I’m Snow Cute” snowman is just about perfect to sum up his adorable little face! This DIY wood ornament would be a perfect gift for any little tike in your life (or their parents!)
I’m Snow Cute Wood Slice Ornament
This is a quick and easy project which is what we all need in a DIY Christmas gift, right? The holidays are crazy enough without adding time consuming gift making to the list.
All you need to make this wood slice snowman Christmas ornament is a wood slice, some paint, a Cricut machine and some iron-on. If your wood slice isn’t an already an ornament, you’ll also need a drill to make a hole in the top to be able to add an ornament hanger.
I love the look of a metallic wash on wood so I gave my wood slice Christmas ornament a thin coat of pearl metallic paint before ironing on the image. Of course you can just leave it in its natural wood state if that’s more your style.
I love the seamless look of iron-on applied to wood, but you can also use permanent adhesive vinyl for your ornament if you’d like. If you have amazing hand lettering skills you could also just paint the design onto the wood slice, but my writing is barely legible so it’s Cricut all day for me!
DIY I'm Snow Cute Wood Slice Ornament
- If your wood slice isn't already an ornament, drill a hole in the top to be able to add an ornament hanger.
- Paint the surface of the wood slice ornament with a thin coat of DecoArt Extreme Sheen Metallic Paint in Pearl. You don't want to apply too much paint or it will bubble when pressed. Leave the outside edge on the surface of the wood slice ornament unpainted.
- Open the I'm Snow Cute cut file in Design Space and adjust size as necessary to fit your wood slice ornament. Send the file to cut. Remember to mirror your image for iron-on.
- Weed out the negative space and position the image on the wood slice ornament.
- Set the EasyPress to 300°. Cover with parchment paper or a press cloth and press for 45 seconds. Allow to cool for 2 – 3 minutes before attempting to peel back lining. If the iron-on lifts with the lining, do not remove it. Press it for 10 more seconds and try peeling back again. If necessary, repeat again until the liner lifts easily leaving the design on the wood slice ornament.
- I didn't have orange iron-on handy so I painted on the nose with some orange craft paint. You could also use vinyl rather than iron-on if you'd like.
- Hang with a ribbon and it's all set!
Do you have or know of a little one that you’d like to make this sweet little ornament for?