This Gingerbread Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze is perfect for Christmas morning breakfast… or any day!
Wow! You guys really like your monkey bread! My pumpkin spice monkey bread with cream cheese glaze ranks among my top 5 blog posts ever and usually sits at #1 or #2 for August – November. Come mid to end of November it drops out of the top 10… maybe everyone is sick of pumpkin spice by then? Or they’ve moved on to more Christmas inspired flavors?
That’s understandable (my feelings aren’t hurt, I promise 😉 ). Sooo going off of those 2 assumptions I created this Gingerbread Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze recipe.
My Gingerbread Monkey Bread shares some of the characteristics of its traditional monkey bread cousin and pumpkin spice sister, but is infused with layers of gingerbread flavor. Gingerbread is such a quintessential holiday spice and just the smell makes me feel like it’s Christmas morning.
Gingerbread Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze will be a hit on Christmas morning, pinky promise! Get the printable recipe card below.
Gingerbread Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 cans regular sized cinnamon roll dough
- ¼ cup Gingerbread coffee creamer
- ¾ cup cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Gingerbread spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter melted
For cream cheese glaze
- 1 16 oz. container cream cheese frosting
- ¼ cup Gingerbread coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray bundt pan with non stick spray or lightly grease.
- Separate cinnamon rolls and cut into quarters (about 1" pieces).
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, gingerbread spice and cinnamon; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese frosting and ¼ cup Gingerbread creamer until blended; set aside.
- Pour ¼ cup Gingerbread creamer into melted butter.
- Dip cinnamon roll dough pieces into melted butter mixture followed by coating dough in sugar mixture.
- Stack dough balls in prepared in prepared pan, drizzling with half of cream cheese glaze at halfway point.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy (will vary based on oven).
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert pan onto serving plate and tap the top to release.
- Drizzle with remaining Gingerbread Cream Cheese Glaze.
I’ve never heard of monkey bread and now I need it in my life
Haha yes you sure do! 😉
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai says
Hey, Lydi! Just wanted to let you know that we loved your Gingerbread Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze so much when you shared it at the #HomeMattersParty last week, we’ve FEATURED it THIS WEEK! Hope you can check it out when you get a sec. Happy Friday!!!
Life With Lorelai / Home Matters Linky Party
Holy heck! What an amazing idea. I’m adding this to must-try list this week.
Hehe thanks Diane! I hope you love it! Thanks for saying hi! 🙂
This sounds like something I could sit and eat all of! I am gathering recipes for a Christmas ladies’ brunch at my house and this is definitely getting added to the pile. Thanks for sharing it!
Hi AnnMarie, a ladies brunch sounds so fun! I hope you all love it! Happy holidays!
Your pumpkin spice version was amazing so I *need* to try this one, too! My mom would always splurge on Cinnabon for Christmas morning when I was a kid. My hubs doesn’t love stuff like that, but I still make some kind of sweet, special breakfast to enjoy myself 😛
Too yummyyyyy!! I need a bite or ten now!
Lol! A bite or ten, I love it! Really wishing I had some leftovers! 😉
I’m going to serve this for desert after my special ham and potatoes meal I serve for dinner! My family will go monkeys over it!!
Lol I love a good pun, Jordan! 😉 I hope you all enjoy it!
Kat (The Baking Explorer) says
Wow, this is absolutely drool worthy!
Aw thanks Kat! I wish I had some more! 😉
looks so yummy
Thanks Jane! It’s pretty tasty! 😉
Thanks so much Jane! 🙂