Hello friends and happy weekend! Did you see all of the fun DIY gift ideas from the blog hop I participated in Wednesday? Well today I’m joining yet another group of amazing bloggers to share DIY Holiday Decor and I’m sharing my DIY Holiday Charger Plates. Make sure to check out all of the other holiday decor ideas below!
I’ve always thought that charger plates really dress up a table setting but I’ve never had any! I found some scratched up plastic ones at the dollar store and thought I’d try to dress them up for my Christmas table. And have I told you how I have this thing with buffalo check? 😉
Here is the easy tutorial to follow along if you’d like to make some buffalo check holiday charger plates for yourself.
DIY Buffalo Check Charger Plates
- Charger plates
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting and DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Black Tie and Dolphin
- Americana Decor Cream Wax in Clear
- Painters tape
- Foam paint brushes
Note: Allow paint to fully dry between coats and steps except when noted otherwise.
- Paint charger plates with 2 coats of Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting.
- Apply painters tape vertically with equal space between each stripe across charger plate. Paint in between tape with 2 coats of Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Dolphin.
- Carefully and slowly peel back the painters tape. Turn the plate and tape off stripes horizontally.
- Paint in between tape with 2 coats of Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Dolphin.
- Do not remove horizontal tape. Turn the plate and re-tape vertical stripes in the same exact position as the original vertical tape.
- Paint in between all tape with 2 coats of Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Black Tie.
- Carefully and slowly peel back and remove painters tape.
- Seal with Americana Decor Creme Wax.
Note: The charger plates should be wiped down by hand only.
I love how the buffalo check holiday charger plates turned out and fully intend to use them all year round.
Now for the fun giveaway! There are 11 prizes valued at $50+ each. Winners will be randomly drawn from all contest entries on November 14, 2016 and each winner will win 1 of the 11 prizes. Enter multiple ways below and check back on the 14th to see if you won!
Clearsnap • Hydrangea Hippo etsy shop • Hepp’s Salt Co. • The Twinery • ScrapbookAdhesives by 3L • Stencil1 • Buttons Galore & More • DecoArt, Inc. • Walnut Hollow • Iron Orchid • DesignsGraphic 45
Thank you to DecoArt for providing me with the materials to complete this project!
lovely table. so chic
Thank you so much Hope! 🙂
Cool plates!! I need those!