Create a custom painted doormat in a fun geometric pattern and monogram!
My DIY Painted Doormat project is sponsored by DecoArt. As always, all ideas and opinions shared are my own.
I love when it’s time to switch out my winter doormat for a summertime version! Doormat’s have become a fun porch accessory for me and I enjoy switching them out occasionally just like you would any accessory. This painted doormat will be on rotation with my DIY Pineapple Doormat all summer long. See how easy it is to make one with me!
DIY Painted Doormat
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin paints in Waterfront, Iris and Shrimp
- Americana Decor Tribal Triangle Stencil
- Americana Stencil Brushes (the 2nd to smallest in the stencil brush set above is the perfect size for this project)
- Painters tape
- Stencil or regular vinyl and monogram stencil if you want a monogramed doormat. I made mine with my Cricut.
*If you would like a doormat with all pattern and no monogram, you can skip this step. Cut out a circle (about 9″ diameter) out of stencil or regular vinyl and position in the middle of the doormat.
Position the stencil on the edge of the doormat and tape down on edges to secure in place.
Because of the uneven surface of the coir doormat, you will need to hold down the stencil while you apply the paint to prevent the paint from bleeding outside of the stencil. Using a firm stencil brush, press the paint into the doormat inside of the stencil. Because the doormat is so porous, you can use a lot more pressure and paint than what you have to do for other stenciling projects. Shift the stencil to paint the rest of the doormat.
* Again, if you would like a doormat with all pattern and no monogram, you can skip this step. Place your monogram stencil in the center of the empty circle and fill in with the paint color of your choice.
Now you have a custom monogram DIY welcome mat!
Of course I had to put some aqua in the doormat to compliment my front door. 🙂
What colors would you paint your DIY doormat? Thanks for stopping by today!
Love the color combo!
Wow you made that doormat! Incredible! It’s so colorful and pretty!
Thanks so much Jamine, I’m so glad you like it! 🙂