Make these darling Football Cookies for your next tailgate or Super Bowl party! They’re as delicious as they are cute!
Hi there, friends! Are you ready for some football (cookies)?! I’ve been holding onto this gem for awhile to share with you until playoff/Super Bowl season was underway and here it is, underway! Is your team in? To be honest, I don’t follow NFL or the playoff’s but I’ll go for the food and drink! 😉
These darling football cookies taste just as good as they look and will be the hit of any party or tailgate.
White cake fondant makes for the perfect laces for your little football cookies!
Darling and Delicious Football Cookies
- Sugar cookie dough or feel free to use your own recipe
- 1 small box of white cake fondant
- 1-2 containers of chocolate icing depending on the amount of cookies you plan to bake
- Icing piping bags and 1M piping tip
- Bake sugar cookies according to package directions, cool completely.
- Knead fondant. Tip: The longer you knead the easier fondant is to work with. Roll it out flat with a rolling pin.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut out rectangle pieces of fondant to create the laces of your football. Lay them out to set up.
- Fill a piping bag with chocolate icing and place your 1M tip on the end.
- Start at the top of cookie making small passes back and forth, making them larger half way down the cookie, and then smaller as you reach the other side to mimic the shape of a football.
- Place fondant laces on top of icing.
Too cute, right?! I’m a big fan of themed food and parties and I think these darling football cookies can be showstoppers! They will definitely be a conversation piece but won’t last long enough to talk about them for too long. 😉