This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. The recipe and opinions are mine alone. #ArtofEntertaining #CollectiveBias
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Hi guys! What did you do this weekend? Whoooa was it hot here!! Heat advisory hot! But we didn’t let a silly heat advisory stop us from sitting on the patio and enjoying a nice glass of wine together. For me, there is really nothing like a chilled, crisp glass of wine on a summer night. I’m certainly not a wine expert, but I don’t have to be an expert to know what I like, right?! I may not be able tell you what bottle of wine you should order with your favorite meal, but I can definitely tell you some foods that go well with my favorite wines. It might be backwards but it works for me! 😉
I’m excited to share one of my new fav pairings with you; Estancia Pinot Grigio and Roasted Chicken Sliders with Pear, Gouda & Arugula. This coupling is perfect for your next summer picnic! The Pinot Grigio, like all Estancia wines, is handcrafted and each layer takes you on a very intentional flavor journey. It has a bright, crisp burst of flavor with a fruity finish but not too sweet. I immediately picked up a touch of pear so that’s how this recipe came to fruition (pun fully intended).
The Roasted Chicken, Pear & Gouda Sliders are like flavor journey too; there is tang from the Balsamic Vinegar marinade, sweet and tart from the pear, smokiness from the Gouda and a peppery exclamation point from the Arugula. I didn’t realize I could fit so many of my favorite flavors into one recipe and have them compliment each other so well. Win!
Roasted Chicken Sliders with Pear, Gouda & Arugula
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pears thinly sliced
- 8 slices Gouda cheese
- 8 slider buns
- Place chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and minced garlic into a ziploc bag. Move the chicken around in the bag so that all of the chicken is coated in the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 - 3 hours.
- When marinating is complete, roast chicken for 20 - 25 minute or until fully cooked. Shave chicken and stack 2 - 3 slices on slider bun.
- Top with a slice of pear and slice of gouda. I like the gouda melted so I pop the slider under the broiler for about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Top with arugula and top of bun.
Wrap these chicken sliders up in some parchment paper, grab a bottle of Estancia Pinot Grigio and some glasses (shatterproof of course), some fruit, a blanket and toss it all into a basket and you’re set for a perfect picnic!
What are your picnic staples? What is your favorite food and wine pairing? I’m looking to add to my list!
Thanks for stopping by today!