Hello there! We’re only a little over 2 weeks away from Easter and I have a question…who ever made the rule that you “outgrow” Easter baskets? Easter baskets and all of the stuff to put in them are just too cute to outgrow! I don’t need all the candy but I loved getting Easter baskets even as I got older… my baskets went from candy to beauty magazines and makeup and I was in heaven (on both counts). When I saw these darling carrot Easter treat bags in the Make It Now projects in Cricut Design Space I knew they had to be mine. And as for the DIY Easter Basket… well, fringe. Fringe all the things. That is all. 😉
Carrot Easter Treat Bags
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Standard Grip Cutting Mat
- Green card stock
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pastry bags
- Open Carrot Treat Bags in Design Space and click “Make it Now”. Yes, it’s just that easy. No need to scale anything to size, it’s all set.
- Turn the dial on your Cricut to cut cardstock and cut on a standard grip mat. Peel the mat away from the card stock.
- Fill pastry bags with orange treat of choice. It doesn’t get much more appropriate than cheddar bunnies for your Easter treat bag in my book. Tie small rubber bands around the top of the treat bags and cut off excess plastic.
- With a hot glue gun, attach the cardstock onto the top of the Easter treat bags and wrap around the top of the bags, gluing as you go.
- Once wrapped all the way, hold in place for about 30 seconds to allow the hot glue to dry. Tie green ribbon around the base of the tops of the Easter treat bags.
Now you have some adorable Easter treat bags! But where are you gonna put em? I found this cute (but plain as can be) little white basket at Target ↓ and it was just screaming for a makeover (Clueless fans?).
Since I love all things fringe-y this was a no-brainer. (See above “fringe all the things” comment). I had some leftover fringe from my DIY Easter towels and it was the perfect amount for this little Easter basket that could!
Again with my hot glue gun (dang I love that thing!) I glued 4 rows of fringe around the top of the Easter basket.
I don’t know any one (big kid or little!) that wouldn’t love this fun fringe-y Easter basket filled with these adorable carrot Easter treat bags!
Do you do grown up Easter baskets? What’s your favorite thing to put in them? Bonus if it fits in the Easter treat bag!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.