These deliciously chewy and moist Carrot Cake Cookies make the perfect Easter treat… or the perfect any day treat!
Hi friends, I hope you had a great weekend! We had a little glimpse of spring and we were even able to take our little babe out for her first walk in her stroller. She wasn’t overly excited about it, but she sure looked cute! I’m already looking forward to dressing her up in her Easter outfit next month which has gotten me thinking about all things Easter.
Do you have any meals or treats that you eat every Easter or spring? I often think of carrot cake when spring arrives. My Nana makes THE BEST carrot cake around, she converted me from not even liking it! But since I can’t have her cake often (probably for the best, it would be dangerous!) these carrot cake cookies give you all the yum of carrot cake with built-in portion control! 😉
And another fun element of cookies? The fun decorations! How cute are these little fondant carrots that adorn the tops of the cookies?!
Let’s be honest… these are too delish (and too cute!) to reserve for Easter alone, right?!
Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
Printable recipe card below.
Carrot Cake Cookies
For Carrot Cake Cookies:
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
For Carrot decorations:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 oz. orange fondant
- 2 oz. green fondant
To make the cookies:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and preheat oven to 375º F.
- In large bowl, beat beat both sugars, egg and butter with an electric or stand mixer. Mix until creamy.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and add into wet ingredients. Beat until batter forms.
- Add shredded carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Using a cookie scoop (or a ¼ measuring cup), scoop mounds of batter on lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and allow to cool before decorating.
To make the Carrot decorations:
- Make buttercream by beating butter, icing sugar and milk.
- Once ingredients are smooth and well-combined, scoop into a piping bag with a round tip attached. Frost center of each cookie.
- Roll out 15-20 balls of orange fondant - about ½" in size. Shape them into cylinders. Press a small piece of green of fondant on the top of each orange piece.
- Use a toothpick to score lines on the orange portion of your carrot, to give it texture.
- Top each frosted cookie with 1-3 fondant carrots.
Are you thinking about all things Easter, too? You might also enjoy these beautiful Easter decorations… it’s never too early to start, right?
Thanks for stopping by and more importantly, ENJOY!
These are so cute! They would be perfect to take to Easter dinner.
Thanks so much Michelle!