Never get stuck needing a card at the last minute ever again. It is so ridiculously easy to create cards for any occasion using the Cricut Joy card mat. Make a bunch and have them on hand for when an occasion pops up.
I remember when I was a kid wondering why my mom had so many random cards on hand. I eventually realized how genius it was (along with so many other things my mom did when I was younger that I didn’t understand at the time!) After enough occasions of needing a card for a last minute party or a belated birthday, I realized I needed to do the same.
And then I got a Cricut Joy machine and I officially have cards for all.the.things! (Are you proud, mom?!)
How to Make a Card with a Cricut Joy
Making a Cricut Joy card is about as easy of a project as you can get. There are a ton of ready-to-make card designs for the Cricut Joy (most of which are free with a Cricut Access subscription) and Design Space also has blank cards with corner paper holders so that you can design your own card designs with an insert.
Several designs incorporate writing with the Cricut Joy Pens in addition to cutting which is a fun mixed media twist on a typical card (like this Birthday Girl card).
The Cricut Joy Cards come in a variety of colors with card inserts in different colors and finishes to go inside. I’ve been having fun making my own card inserts by cutting Foil Poster Board, Glitter Cardstock, Shimmer Paper and Sparkle Paper to use in addition to the inserts that come with the card kits.
The genius of card making with the Cricut Joy is the card mat. You just slide the card insert into the card mat (the back of the card slides in between the back of the mat and a clear sleeve) and then fold the front of the card onto the front of the card mat (which has adhesive to hold onto the card insert). And the best part? No weeding! When you pull the card away from the card mat the cuttings remain on the mat and all you have to do is gently scrape them off with a scraper!
In addition to the plethora of Cricut birthday cards available, there is a card for every holiday or occasion you could ever possibly need. From congratulatory cards…
Encouragement, Sympathy or Get Well cards…
Teacher appreciation cards (especially appropriate during these times!)…
And of course alllll of the holidays or occasions…
So what kind of Cricut cards do you want to make first?! 😉
Cricut Joy Cards for Any Occasion
- Find the card design you'd like to make in Cricut Design Space and click Make it.
- When prompted for Material Load Type, select On Card Mat and then click Continue.
- Select Insert Card - Cardstock for the material.
- Insert the back of the card into the pocket of the card mat and firmly press the front of the card onto the adhesive mat.
- Load the card mat into the Cricut Joy and then click Go. Once the cut is complete click Unload.
- Gently pull the card away from the mat. Hold the card taut as you pull so it's doesn't curl and so that it leaves the cuttings on the mat.
- Use the scraper tool to gently pop off the cut pieces from the card mat.
- Tuck one of the card inserts into the corners of the card and it's ready to go!