This Bloody Mary Bar To-Go is the perfect carry along to take to your next party, picnic or even tailgate! Thank you to Master of Mixes for sponsoring this post.
T minus 2 weeks until the start of the college football season! In case you ever need an updated countdown, we have a chalkboard sign counting down the days until the first Buckeye game. Nothing says fall like football and tailgating. And no tailgate is complete without a delicious Bloody Mary. A Bloody Mary bar and football are like baseball and Cracker Jacks… they are just perfect together.
So you’re probably thinking, how the heck do you transport a Bloody Mary bar to a tailgate? I struggled with that very question and came up with the perfect solution… a portable Bloody Mary Bar!
It’s simple really; hold onto a 6-pack or a 4-pack box from your beer or soda. Use the boxes as-is or get crazy with it and decorate them with paint and/or scrapbook paper. I decorated the boxes for this season like a football and football field. I painted the handle sections of the boxes and then attached scrapbook paper around the bases of the boxes with decoupage.
How many garnishes you plan to take with your portable Bloody Mary Bar will determine how many boxes you need. You can double up your garnish cups in your Bloody Mary Bar Carrier. For my Bloody Mary bar, a 6-pack and 4-pack work perfectly!
Before we get carried away with our fun arts and crafts, we need to talk about these Bloody Marys. That’s what we really care about, right? Master of Mixes has the most amazing Bloody Mary Mixes you’ve ever tasted. They come in 4 flavors that were developed by a three-time James Beard Award nominee named Chef Anthony Lamas. If you’ve never heard of the James Beard Award, it’s kind of like the Oscars of the culinary world, only more exclusive because there is only 1 winner. So when your friends go crazy over your Bloody Mary Bar you can impress them with your foodie trivia. But let’s be honest, they will be so impressed with the Bloody Marys that your trivia may not even be necessary.
So with 4 chef-inspired flavors how do you know which one to choose? Here are the quick details on each flavor:
- Made with Premium Roma tomato juice and includes cayenne pepper, lemon juice, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. The flavor is light, tangy and celery-forward.
- This is your everything but the kitchen sink mixer – fresh horseradish, diced jalapeños, freshly pureed cucumber, lemon and lime juices, chopped spices and loads of other diced veggies. Also known as the “Culinary Mary”. I like to call it my “Salad Mary”. 😉
- Whew! Made with chipotle, ancho, habanero, jalapeño and red peppers this one is seriously spicy and the perfect choice for the adventurous cocktail connoisseur.
Michelada Gourmet Bloody Mary Mixer
- The blend of tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, spices, umami and blend of peppers is a spicy, savory and refreshing complement to a Mexican beer.
So I ask again… with 4 chef-inspired flavors how do you know which one to choose? I say don’t choose! Remember that 4-pack box I said to hold onto? I mean, what kind of Bloody Mary Bar doesn’t have a variety of mixers? I ranked them 1 – 4 by spiciness (1 pepper is bold but not spicy and 4 peppers is hot hot hot!) So let’s pack this Bloody Mary Bar up!
Bloody Mary Bar To-Go
- For the Bloody Mary the ratio is 3 oz. Master of Mixes Bloody Mary Mixer to 1 ¼ oz vodka for 1 drink. Multiply quantities as needed for the number of drinks you will be packing up.
- Spicy bacon
- Celery Stalks
- Stuffed olives
- Cocktail onions
- Marinated red peppers
- Lime slices
- Lemon slices
- 4 or 6 pack empty boxes
- Disposable bottles water bottles are perfect
- 1 disposable cup per garnish plus extras for drinking
- Plastic wrap
- Cocktail picks
- Straws optional
- If you're going on a picnic or somewhere that you are unsure of the ice supply when in doubt bring a bag of ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, pre-mix Bloody Mary Mixer(s) and vodka; funnel into disposable bottles and place into one of the boxes. *I fully support enjoying the first Bloody Mary of the bunch will you prepare.
- Add garnishes into individual disposable cups and cover with plastic wrap. If you're packing up loads of garnishes, place the plastic wrap down into the cup so that you can stack another cup on top of it. Place garnishes into box. Place cocktail picks and straws into plastic bag.
- Your portable Bloody Mary Bar is ready to go! When the time to serve comes, shake water bottle and pour into ice filled cup. Garnish it up and enjoy!
I promise you, your portable Bloody Mary Bar will be the star of any party, picnic or tailgate.
Which Master of Mixes Bloody Mary Mixer flavor are you most anxious to try? All of them use only the best ingredients, picked at their peak freshness which will make any of your Bloody Marys taste like they’re made from scratch. (Although my “from scratch” would never taste as good as these!)
Check out Mixology Pro along with Master of Mixes on Facebook and Instagram for so many delicious cocktail recipes and inspiration.
Pin it for later!
NJ Bloody Mary says
I love this post, great ideas!
Thanks so much! 🙂
The idea of the carton decorated with cups holding snacks is awesome!
Thank you Lois! Yes it has many uses!
I like the tasty but so much sodium in them.
Looks tasty! I don’t see your spicy rankings..?
Debbie South says
Thanks Debbie! Happy Monday! 🙂