Hi friends, happy Monday! I hope you had an amazing weekend. Continuing on with the wacky winter we’re having here in Ohio, it was in the 60s over the weekend which was ahhhhmazing! I’m definitely NOT complaining about that kind of wacky. Aaaand then I wake up today to 28 degrees (but the weather app says “real feel” 19 degrees. Ugh. With winter rearing it’s head again I’m breaking out a favorite winter squash recipe, my Honey & Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash.
The sweet of the honey is the perfect compliment to the savory rosemary and the squash lays a delicious foundation for the flavors to rest on. Looking at a pan of butternut squash just screams comfort food, don’t you think?
I love contrasting textures in food as much as I like contrasting flavors; I find they serve to magnify the deliciousness of their counterparts. The creamy and hearty backdrop of roasted butternut squash contrasted with the crunch of toasted rosemary & sea salt crackers is pretty superb.
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Rosemary & Sea Salt Wasa Thin crackers, crushed
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cubed butternut squash, honey and rosemary in a large bowl; spread on large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 - 30 minutes, flipping once while roasting.
- Sprinkle crushed Wasa Thins over roasted butternut squash and spray with spray with olive oil.
- Broil until crackers are lightly browned and crispy (about 2 minutes).