These Peppermint Sugar Scrub Cubes are perfectly portioned for 1 shower. They cleanse skin and make it silky smooth!
Hello! I hope you’re having a great week so far… hang on it’s almost Friday. 😉 For today’s post I set out to solve a major life issue… watered down sugar scrub. I know it’s not a crisis but it’s an annoyance nonetheless. See I love scrubs. Sugar scrubs for the body, sugar scrub for the lips, for whatever. I just love the feeling that a good, moisturizing sugar scrub leaves behind after it’s rinsed off. I remember using one for the first time, I was like one of those weird lotion commercials… I couldn’t stop touching my arm!
I still love sugar scrubs (we have 2 scents in our shower right now), but when they get to the point that you’ve scooped out most of the sugar and the water from the shower has infiltrated the jar then you’re just left with a slimy mess. No bueno. But now I introduce you to my new friend… sugar scrub cubes! Each one is perfectly portioned to grab on the way into the shower and BONUS! They cleanse skin too! And double bonus, they’re super easy to make.
I’ve come across many recipes for sugar scrub cubes and I formed this recipe after taking the things I liked from each of the ones I’ve tried and putting them together. The peppermint scent is so invigorating and of course leaves skin feeling so soft and hydrated!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Cubes
Makes 3 bars (18 cubes)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup shea butter melt and pour soap base
1/3 cup Vitamin E oil (you can substitute grapeseed, coconut, almond or olive oil if you prefer)
3 drops peppermint essential oil
Optional: 1 teaspoon of pink (or color of your choice) mineral eye shadow or mineral blush for some color and a little bit of sheen
I used the soap mold from my lotion bars but you can use a cupcake mold, ice cube mold, or whatever you prefer as long as it’s silicone (the mixture could get stuck inside of other materials).
1. Cut 1 lb. block of shea butter soap base into 4 equal pieces (pieces will be about the size of a bar of soap and you will use 1 of the bars). If that lack of exact precision makes you twitch, you can weigh the pieces if you’d like (you will need 4 oz). Measure out remaining ingredients, cooking show style. Add drops of peppermint oil and color (optional) into Vitamin E oil and mix well.
2. Microwave shea butter soap base for 30 – 40 seconds or until melted, stirring every 10 seconds. Pour Vitamin E Oil mixture into soap base and mix well.
3. Have your mold close at hand and add sugar into soap/oil mixture. Stir well and FAST and immediately pour into mold. The mixture hardens very quickly so if it hardens before it has all been poured into the molds, you can simply spoon it into molds and press down with the back of a spoon to compact the cube together.
4. Allow to set for at least 1 hour. Turn mold upside down over a cutting board and gently press on the bottom to press out the sugar scrub bars.
5. Cut bars into cubes. It will vary depending on the size of your mold; I cut mine down the middle horizontally and then into thirds giving me 6 single-use sugar scrub cubes per bar.
And that’s it! You will want to keep them sealed in an airtight container (outside of the shower is best to avoid extra moisture) and pop one out for a pepperminty fun shower!
These make a great gift too, put them in a jar with a pretty label (you can download my free my printable label here) and you have a great hostess, holiday or birthday gift.
Affiliate links provided.